Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event that Tynga’s Reviews hosts. We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Find the full instructions here.
1. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater ~ I’ve heard so many different things about this. It’s very slow-paced, but this Stiefvater girl is building up quite a reputation, so I’m excited to try her out.
2. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor ~ I’m actually about 50 pages into this little beauty, and it is fascinating. There’s angels, there’s demons, there’s world-switching and time-traveling… YAAAAAAS!
3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir ~ This one sounds so kickass. A girl loses her brother and rebels against an ancient slavery – can I get a hell yeah?
4. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness ~ Apparently everyone can hear each other’s thoughts. I don’t even know the storyline, and I’m hooked.
5. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella ~ The cutest little chick-lit ever. Sophie Kinsella has thoroughly installed herself as a new favorite author.
6. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige ~ A present-time kid goes into Oz, but now Dorothy’s the bad guy? This was recommended to me by a fellow YA-reader up in Vermont, so I’m pretty pumped for it.
7. Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella ~ Obviously I’m quite into Sophie right now. This is the fourth or fifth installment of her Shopaholic series.
I’m reading a lot of cool books this week and will (hopefully) be posting lots of reviews.