So, it’s officially the holiday season now. It’s about 2 weeks until Christmas, aaaaaand… That’s close enough for me to start singing ‘Jingle Bell Rock’.
But what better to get into the season even more than… A WINTER-THEMED BOOK TAG! Hooray!
I don’t know if this is still a ‘cool’ tag, or whatever, but I found it over here, and I just had to do it. It’s so cozy and quick and fun. Also, I really want to answer these questions because they’re just so cute!
1. What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella is definitely the cutest and coziest book in the world. It is a wonderful story about a teen with PTSD, and the parts where she struggles with that can make you a bit sad, but her family is so funny and adorable that it ends up being a really silly book, and I love love love it.
2. What is your favorite book with a white cover?
You know what’s weird? I actually haven’t read that many books with white covers! But I do remember really enjoying An Abundance of Katherines by John Green… It’s probably my favorite book by him, since the dialogue made me laugh so badly.
3. You’re sitting in a nice comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely warm hot chocolate… but what MONSTER read are you reading?
I don’t read a lot of horror books, but one that I will love and treasure no matter what is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. It’s such an interesting and beautiful and sad book, and I honestly fell in love with it from the moment I read the first page.
4. It started snowing so you decided to have a snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have the snowball fight with?
I honestly couldn’t decide who to pick for this question, because the FANGIRLING feels! How do you choose?! I’m gonna go ahead and have a snowball fight with Rowan, Dorian, Chaol, and Lysandra. Why not Celaena/Aelin too? She would be too f**king competetive. I’ll be on Team Rowan (’cause that’s the only help I’ll need, eh? *wink wink*), and the whole fight will be EPIC.
5. Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire?
I don’t really have one particular book that I hated the ending of, so I just chose one that I hated altogether. The Duff by Kody Keplinger really got on my nerves, because the main character, Bianca, was too damn pretentious and hypocritical. I HATED HER.
6. What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn’t read before but wants to get into reading?
Frickin’ Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. These books really pushed me into reading, because I swear to you: I read the entire first book in one day. And I was 6 years old. I’m not trying to brag, I’m making a point: it’s addicting. If you can’t get into HP, then… I may have no hope for you.
Have you read any of these books? Do you agree with *any* of my silly ramblings? Oh, and will you do this tag!? I think this may have been the funnest tag I’ve ever done…