2015 was a fantastic year. I started this blog, I got on Goodreads, Twitter, AND Instagram, and most importantly, I started making some amazing bookish friends. SO THANK YOU, ALL MY CUPCAKES, FOR YOUR WISE WORDS AND RECOMMENDATION-FULL HANDS.
But it’s time for my inner
demonic competitive spirit to take the lead, as I challenge myself with New Year’s resolutions of the most epic proportions.
Let’s hope I don’t go too overboard.
• I think it wouldn’t be tooooo crazy to set 350 subscribers as this year’s goal for the blog…? I mean, sh**, I’d be happy to get anywhere from 101 to 10,000, but 350 seems realistic to me for an entire year of blogging and social media.
• For blog stats, I’d love to hit 6,000 views total. Maybe that’s overshooting, but might I remind you that we did almost 3,000 last year?!
• Over on Instagram, maybe I’ll shoot for… 400? I already have 230, and I have so many wonderful readers to go check it out… *hint hint*
• Goodreads… my old friend of 2+ years. I’m not going to set any friend goals on there, because that’s not what Goodreads is about! *hmmm but maybe it would be nice to reach 200 I’m just saying folks*
• Let no one forget that I have a Tumblr blog! Although I’m not very set on getting followers on there (trust me, on blog is enough), I think 100 followers would be just fiiiiine. I’d only need to get 46 more, which should be EASY PEASY.
• And last but not least, Twitter! My favorite of all the medias. It would be amazing to get to 400 followers on there, but again, I just love chatting with other bookworms and sharing my posts, so followers really aren’t a big part of it.
• OK… I set myself the ginormous goal of 200 books this year. But I feel extremely positive about it! 80 more books than last year? Pssshh, no problem.
• I’d like to read 10 ARCs. That’s all I’m asking for. 10. If they were slightly-to-very popular, then I would be dancing in my leggings! But even if not, I’d still be super happy.
• Bringing up the rear, I’d like to just… branch out a bit more. This blog is for YA, but I didn’t originally focus it on that, and I’d like to try some other genres and get a more cultured taste. *puts on monocle and flourishes cape*
• Latin! I’d like to finish learning Latin. Maybe before I start going to school again, maybe not.
• Speaking of school… You probably didn’t know that I’m homeschooled! But I’m getting kind of bored with it, and I want to enroll in school this fall. Just to test it out, see if I still hate it, blah blah blah (but seriously this is a huge step for me and i’m so scared ahhhhh).
• I’m not a very athletic person, and never will be. But I DO enjoy going skating at my local rink. That’s a fixed ‘routine’ in my life, but what’s not fixed is YOGA. I want to start yoga and have it down-pat in the mornings and/or evenings. You will find me in corpse pose 99% of the time. *quietly snoozes*
Alrighty then, that just about wraps up my 2016 resolutions! Wish me loads of luck, because God knows I’ll need it. *seriously tho I’m supposed to read 200 books this year* *help*
I just want to say again, to all my 102 followers and any newbies coming to this blog for the first time, THANK YOU! I want to visit each of you individually and have tea and eat cookies together and give you lots of squishy hugs, but alas… such is not the fate of us bloggers.
You guys comment so often and have such funny and inspiring and KIND things to say, and you just make my day. Thank you for supporting my newbie butt throughout 2015… HERE I COME 2016! *jumps into bed and watches Sherlock* What?! This is productive! I’m… learning… hehe.
What are your 2016 goals and resolutions?! Let us stress out in the comments. But that’s what cupcakes are for, am I right? Hehehe. How many books do you plan on reading this year? Is it as outlandish of a goal as mine? OR HAVE YOU GONE EVEN FARTHER, you crazy beans? Happy New Year!